At Investacast we offer a rapid prototyping service to complement our in-house tooling facility. It allows companies to turn innovative ideas into successful end products quickly and efficiently.
The quick turnaround process has the advantage of enabling short product sample runs for testing prior to hard tooling, thereby significantly reducing cost. It also offers an option for time sensitive pre-production parts.
It is standard practice for product designers to test the market place and test the product before they commit to the manufacturing process. The quality of rapid prototyping has dramatically improved in recent years, allowing the build of physical models from 3D CAD files.
Benefits of rapid prototyping
Rapid prototyping offers a range of benefits to the customer:
- In tandem with our casting simulation service, it ensures that your product is validated through the casting process, mitigating any risks when transitioning to production tooling
- Product development times are accelerated; lead times are much shorter, typically 3-4 weeks, bringing greater efficiency
- Product changes are readily adaptable without the need for expensive tooling modifications
- We can manufacture directly from your product design models
- Effective and efficient validation of design fit and function
- Greater design flexibility, enabling you to test multiple design options
- Rapid conveying of your design concepts