Water Glass Casting
INVESTMENT CASTING (WATER GLASS PROCESS)
The water glass casting (sodium silicate casting) process is very similar to investment casting but is particularly suited to larger castings, and is cheaper to produce.
Water glass casting is a technology of Russian origin.
Water glass cast components are mainly used where heavier/stronger and yet more complex shapes are required. Applications of this technique are widely presented in production of trailers, agricultural machineries and in offshore industry. The process provides a far superior surface finish and dimensional precision to that achieved through sand casting, and more complex shapes can be achieved. In addition to steels, it is possible to cast alternative materials such as iron and SG iron using this method.
We are able to offer the water glass option through our partner company in China, who have a wealth of experience in manufacturing components using this process
– Reduction of the cost price, since expensive processing and welding operations are eliminated;
– Cheap moulding process;
– Complex design without draft angles;
– Higher accuracy in comparison to sand casting & Superior surface;
– Larger parts than the traditional investment casting method;
– Greater choice of metals;
- Environmental advantages.